Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I picked up a few chicks

This past Saturday I went to a shearing at one of my favorite wool suppliers, what a fabulous event it was! Rather than just having the event for one farm, they had several other farms with so many fleeces to choose from. One of the lovely ladies even had a bottle fed lamb with her that was oh so cute!
When we arrived we instantly swooped in on a large group of fleeces that had already been skirted that day. I instantly saw the one little lady I was looking for, Lightening.
Her tight little curly-cued sproingy fleece is so incredible to work with! She is a romanov/dorset/corriedale x and I just finished dying up the rest of her 2011 fleece, such a treat!

I was also quite intrigued by a few other ladies who were crosses. Elle, a Romney/Corriedale x. This fleece is so lofty and wonderful feeling, I can't wait to get it all washed and dyed so I can start carding it!
 Finally, there is Polly, a Suffolk/Romney x. So funny that I ended up with two romney crosses because on it's own, I'm not wild about the fleece. Crossed with these two breeds, they are heavenly!
OOh spring fleeces!!! :D

1 comment:

Drucilla said...

what lovely ladies and lucky you!!