Wednesday, September 28, 2011

blogging intentions and a great reorganization...

While I've had the best of intentions to blog, even remembering to not only bring my camera but pull it out and snap some photos, I have been too busy to get it done.

Seriously. I think I have about 5 posts in my head right now. Here is one of them. :D

One of the major things that has been bogging me down is that my studio was a WRECK! I finally started the reorganization and regretted it instantly but now that it is done there are absolutely no regrets. It went through a great metamorphosis. A very full carload and several trashbags later and it is a dream room. I even took several photos of the stages it went through. A fair warning though... when I just uploaded these the early stages put me in a state of panic that I feared would result in a heart attack... it's a wonder I made it through the real thing.

So the studio started out in this arrangement, but pretend the mess on the couch is on the floor basically... and well... yea, it was a mess. you get idea...  (I neglected to get and 'actual' before photo.)
 and then... as well all know, things get worse before they get better when you are rearranging/cleaning.
and worse...
yup.


sometimes it gets even worse again...
and then it finally starts to improve.
we're almost there!
Mooch was there for moral support. He likes the change.
Are you ready for it yet?
Here it comes!
Revamped carding station with MUCH better lighting above ^ as seen in the previous photo. It is blinding and wonderful to be able to actually see what I'm carding. :D
I'm a big fan of owls, hence the artwork and vintage love above my carding station. :D  I was called Hootie when I was little. I still have a cousin who insists on calling me it. I secretly love it. :D We won't get into where Hootie came from though... The owl print on the left if from Marmee Craft. I'm lusting after a few more of her owlie prints.

Jewelry Bench area with my inspiration board redone with room for pinning up projects (that is another post! :D) New lighting above here too! Thanks dad! yay! My Black Apple  prints of my "alter egos" ever present down here.
Sewing Station!!! Probably the only messy area at the moment because it is a catchall for wool until I get done with shows and can start sewing again. (yet another post.....)
So there is the tour! I took loads more pictures but they were seriously scary town!

Man, it feels soooo good to have it all done! I've finally put my wheel down there at least for the winter time so I can get all cozy on the couch, put hulu on the ipad and just spin away the winter hours.

OH! btw... SOAR is next week! If you are in the New Hampshire area you should definitely come and shop the spinner's market!

2 comments:

Drucilla said...

woah, em! that was one helluva reorganization! i'm so glad to see your studio and imagine you creating down there, bric by bric. it's perfect.

emily said...

I know right?!? I thought i was gonna go completely bonkers before I got it done but it feels soooo good to be down there now! in fact, on my way down there in just a mo to do some carding. :D I loved seeing your space in the hotel come together again!