Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

I have updated my Press, Show Schedule, and Lecture/Teaching Schedule tabs above for the new year. I had already started this a few months back as I'd like to have a better landing page for all things Bricolage Studios. Ideally it will all be on my SHOP page because I would prefer to narrow my focus on just a few platforms (my Big Cartel and my Instagram account) instead of stretching myself thin using ones I don't enjoy as much.

A photo posted by Emily Wohlscheid (@bricolagestudios) on
This brings about that whole reflection thing. It is the start of a new year and I feel like if I can just get things off on the right foot, it will be a fulfilling, bustling, exciting year full of growth and patience. Patience with myself, with change, and with my business, and whatever else life throws at me.

I want to bake more, sew more, knit more, and spin more (to knit!)

I want to take my kids to fun places instead of sitting at home because I dread getting everything loaded and unloaded and loaded again from the car. It really isn't that big of a deal... just an obstacle I make up in my head.

I want to feel good about me and enjoy the times when my whole family manages to be in the house at once. It is rare these days.

I want to not get in the way of myself. Anywhere. Period.

I have never taken much stock in resolutions, but I know what makes me happy and what prevents me from being that way and that I can make those changes. The start of the new year is as good of a time as any to make those changes. Cheers!





No comments: