Thursday, August 4, 2016

Behind the Scenes Series

I've just settled into my Spotify weekly playlist to write a post to you all about something. What happens behind the scenes of a one woman indie fiber business? Well, a lot, but not always what you would expect.

Today I watched my nephew and had some running to do, mostly for the kids. Hard things... like dropping off a preschool application. I'm torn between feeling incredibly sad that he is already 4 (well... will be in a matter of weeks) and elated that I could have 4 whole days a week to go to my studio and work. Set hours. Structure. I need that.

After my nephew got picked up, I decided I would do a little photographing and thought it would be a great time to try out that new Instagram stories feature. Well... it didn't work out very well. I think I deleted about 12 failed attempts and decided that since I already had been about to share my new photo setup (it's genius!) that I would just periscope it.

Gareth totally crashed the periscope session. During and immediately after, I thought... "what a disaster!" Then I watched it and I loved it. I think I finally got over my camera jitters after jumping into periscope a few months back which probably has a lot to do with the fact that I teach an awful lot. So here it is, now located on youtube (because I have a youtube channel now too - check it out!)

I also started playing with my Macro Lens that I got for my cell phone's camera. I'm gonna blog about that tomorrow but here is a peek at a photo I posted on istagram with it. 




No comments: