Sunday, May 3, 2009

Update

I figured it was about time for an update... I'm so bad at this blogging business.

Joe and I got rather sick shortly after my last blog which took me out for about two weeks. I couldn't do much by way of fiber so I've been trying to get back in the swing of things.

I'm going to be very busy for the next 4-5 weeks. It is getting dangerously close to art fair season and I am doing some fiber festivals this year. While art fair season will be ending in September if I do art a licious again in Adrian, fiber season fires up in spring and doesn't really slow until late fall. I think I'm doing just the two art fairs and could be doing up to 4 Fiber Festivals. That means keeping lots of fiber + metal jewelry in my arsenal and carding and spinning up a storm.

I introduced a new Spinning Supply item today in my etsy store. Handspun art yarn packets that have handmade pom poms, hand pulled roving or batts, and fabric strips of vintage sheets. I do hope they go over well because I love making pom poms and really wouldn't know what to do with the silly things. I will hopefully be putting together a lot of these packets so that I can sell that at the fiber festivals also.

AND! I even cut up some metal today. I haven't done that since I made Mom's necklace with the antler. I have great plans for this piece of copper that I have cut and hammered that include fiber and a crazy cold connection bail. I bought Susan Lenart Kazmer's book "Making Connections" and have been just waiting to play with some of the fabulous techniques that she has shared with the world. I think my favorite part of the whole book is her beautiful sketched renderings of her jewelry. They are a work of art in themselves. So anyhow wool and metal are going together in a major way tomorrow afternoon hopefully. I have a lot of gardening to do though too... Maybe the gardening can wait till wednesday.

Mom and I went to a fabulous greenhouse on Saturday. While we bought lots of lovely flowers, we left a few beauties behind like this GIANT dahlia.

Okay, late night snack time.

No comments: