Saturday, June 27, 2009

the past few weeks...


Whew! It has been so busy the past few weeks, I just haven't had a moment to blog really. Two shows are over, and, while I didn't do amazing at either one of them, I had a good time. I worked hard and got a lot of jewelry done. Not as much as I would have actually liked to have gotten done but I still have a few months before my next show... and barely that till the wedding. Mom has been so hard at work at the bridesmaid dresses and they are so cute! Very simple looking and hopefully comfortable for the girls to wear. Adele's little flower girl dresses is way too cute too!

My bench is quite the mess now but can easily be cleaned off, which is good because I have a major piece I have to finish this weekend. I snapped some pictures of work in progress for the shows. There is just something about that major grouping of all the same little components that is so satisfying.

I got a chance to use my new cases that were gifted to me at the art fair. I was really happy with my humble little booth. I'm learning a little bit more every time I set up for a show, eventually I might get it just right. :)

It was sooooo windy though! I almost lost an entire heavy case all over when the wind kicked up. The booth next to me lost their canopy off their EZ Up when it happened. I was so concerned for them I didn't realize that my case was flying backward. LOL! Everything was okay though, and my idea for using peat pots to display my earrings on was a hit!

For the fiber show I had been accumulating some lovely vintage green suitcases and used them to display my batts it. It worked out great. One less bin that I needed to pack because the display was how I transported everything. It really worked out beautifully and I got lots of compliments.

I did realize one thing for sure after these shows. I need a bigger car. The little Saturn and I have to be very clever and play some serious car Tetris to get everything packed in properly. Luckily I've had plenty of experience doing so with that car after 4 years moving back and forth from college in it.

I can't wait to get back to spinning and carding at this point though. I got just a tiny bit burned out on the metal for a while. :)

1 comment:

VictoriaG said...

I love reading about your displaying at shows...very creative! Love the peat pot idea and the suitcases for the batts sound wonderful! And those earrings! Well, I'm off to check out your etsy...are they on there? They are just lovely!
~Vicki (nonaofsav on Ravelry)