Tuesday, February 9, 2010

AARGH!

The cat is eating the dog's food (because the dog can't seem to keep it in his mouth,) there is a massive amount of snow falling in the great mitten state (my car nearly slid completely off road twice today while I was going a mere 15 mph, ) and I have a sick kiddo on my hands. I scrubbed and scrubbed the floor in her room to no avail... it still smells like sick.  Except now it smells like sick, citrus bac-out cleaner (when I was still trying to be enviromentally friendly and usually this stuff works like a charm,) and bleach (when I said to hell with the Earth, I need to get this smell out!!!)

Did I mention I cleared the driveway too? Still another 4-6 inches on it's way and we have gotten at least that much.

Recently, a friend was talking about taking her snow day, I would like to take mine NOW, and by now I mean the rest of the week. I want to stay at home and card, and spin, and work at my bench.

Just so that this post isn't a complete rant ...

I finished a really wonderful book today. It is called Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. I had seen it at the bookstore several times and was quite drawn to it. Unfortunately, I just can't quite bring myself to pay bookstore prices so I decided to wait till it was available at the library. It is set in the 1930's traveling circus and is "told" by a man named Jacob. It was a lovely book skipping between his time working with the circus and what led him there, to what would be his present time as an elderly man in an assisted living home. Excellent read for sure. :D 

No comments: