Tuesday, November 17, 2009

announcements!

Well, I thought that I was done for the year with shows but I have decided to try the Holiday Market at the local farmer's market here in Battle Creek/Springfield. It is on Saturday, November 21, from 10 AM to 3PM. The Farmer's Market building is located at the front of Begg Park on Dickman Rd. I have heard that their "specialty" sales have lots of good stuff at em' so we'll see how it goes. :) I think Adele is going to help me at this one. She has been bugging all season to come to a show with me and help. I think it will be a fun day. We are going to make our own Christmas ornaments afterward and watch Peter Pan. It has been decided. Definitely.

I also wanted to share for all you spinners and weavers out there that my friend Jill has begun offering winding stations in her etsy store here that are hand crafted by my dad. They are super handy, well built, don't take up much space, AND are cheaper than those made by the big wigs.  Here are a few photos I snatched from her shop:



 

The absolute perfect way to get the most out of your swift and ball winder. You can of course also wind directly from you bobbin that will conveniently fit over one of the eight steel rods provided.  You can also ply from them (Jill's rescued me last week at spinning night when I was plying a yarn I had spun from gorgeous lushmommy batt.) Speaking of that yarn...




Sara carded this one up special for me. There were so many locks in it! (if you haven't figured this out by now, I LOOOOOOOVE LOCKS!!!) Such a drool fest it was sooo gorgeous.  I quite foolishly started plying in the wrong direction. I don't think I've ever done that without catching it before. What a mess! Luckily mom was there to help me detangle, untwist, and start over again. So in love with this one, I'm not sure I'll be able to let it go. Don't have any idea what I would make though...

No comments: