Sunday, November 8, 2009

Updates!

OK, I am finally udpating the shop tomorrow but thought I would put a few sneaky peek pictures up here and a little bit of what has been going on in my world.

We, had another incident with the house a few weeks ago in the form of our tub which had gotten a crack in it, leaking down through the floor causing our kitchen ceiling to bow and get a nice big hole in it. everything is essentially fixed now and we are just working on getting all the dust cleaned up from dad helping us out with the ceiling. needless to say, i haven't had much time to get anything done.

i am going to start natural dying later today once I get everything cleaned up. It is my first attempt at it but i'm going all out. I picked up some alum, two things of concord grapes (I may have to eat a few of those because they smell so darn good,) beets, and two large stew pots at meijer. I already have some black walnuts and am going to cut all my snapdragons from the garden since they are clearly done for the year. I also have a jar in the basement with some of my scrap copper mixed with vinegar and ammonia in hopes that I might have a nice copper sulphate solution (I think that is right) for another mordant option. I'm very excited to see how everything turns out and will post pictures as soon as I get the dying dried out.

Adele and I went to the library the other day and she reluctantly let me pick out a few books to read to her. I have had so much fun revisiting some of my favorites when I started reading chapter books. Last time we went I picked out The Fantastic Mr. Fox to read. I always loved Roald Dahl's books when I was younger and reread many of them but somehow had missed this one. When I saw that Wes Anderson (one of my favorite director/producers anyway) had adapted it for a delightful looking film I decided it was time to read it. Adele was a little leary at first but after the first chapter it sucked her in like all of Dahl's books tend to do. This time at the library I picked out a few of James Howe's books including Howliday Inn, Bunnicula, and The Celery Stalks at Midnight. I'm really thrilled to read these books again, I'm just going to have to trick her into starting one, hopefully she enjoys these ones as much as I did.

Finally here are some of the new items going in the shop:
BATTS!!!


















YARN!!!


















and a little something else :)

No comments: